V 6 in lawnmower / tractor

We put a 1998 + - pontiac 3.1 V6 in a hustler mower along with all wiring harness'es and computer. the engine turns over with the orginal switch but
I get no spark and I think no fuel. the engine ran fine before we removed it from the pontiac grand prix. We put the park/neutral switch on the harness and that allowed the engine to turn over. what would tell the computer to not allow the engine to start? help PLEASE
That should be a hoss! How are you getting fuel to the fuel rail? Original pump & wiring? If so is the pump running? Pressure? You may want to use a toggle switch to turn it on if not coming on. Or make sure everything is connected. Oil pressure sending unit, jumper air bag sensor connector. Make sure the crankshaft postion sensor is connected for fire. Are you using the original air intake ducting?

"Micah" <hopper.net> wrote in message

Make
the
If he has no spark, that's where to start looking. On many GM engines the signal that times the spark is also used to time the injectors.
Al

Should have fuel pressure without the crank position sensor signal.

is the 'check engine light' on?..................kjun
Thats something new....u must be from da south! Ya gonna ride it on down the hollar to the store?

It could be a security issue. If the password isn't received from antitheft, engine won't run. The BCM is the theft master in a 98 Grand Prix

The symptoms sound like the crank sensor. If it's not functioning properly the computer doesn't even know you're cranking the engine and thus won't produce spark nor pulse the injectors. You can test the output but I don't remember what the specs are and no longer work in the shop which had the books on it. Anyone else know? Before replacing the sensor try cleaning out the connector on it by blasting into it with electronics cleaner, as they are known for oil leaching up through it onto the connector pins and causing a bad connection and the symptoms you describe. There was a TSB out on them to that efffect quite a while back. People were replacing perfectly good ones and then the vehicle would run again, although the only problem with the old one turned out to be that the connector was oil-fouled.
Yeah, uh, just how tall is your grass?