Pontiac V-6 Cold Start Problem

I have a 94 Pontiac Grand Am with the 3.1 V6. I have a problem getting it going when cold. Starts up fine, no fast idle though. If you attempt to drive the engine stalls. Letting it warm up for a few minutes before driving seems to work. Is there a cold start solenoid or something similar that isnt keeping the idle up when col. Anyone have experience with this motor or a similar problem. Thanks for any help. Just dont want to start changing parts.

Mike

Reply to
MCL

Possibly a coolant temperature sensor? Is there any check engine light or any codes set?

Lee Richardson

Reply to
Lee Richardson