Volt has no spare

A recent Volt report said it had NO spare, just a pump. Why they would got to such trouble designing the complex Volt, but omitting the spare tire, escapes me entirely.
Of well there are options other than the Volt.

Same reason other models have no spare, to keep the list price down. It is an option on some models.

I doubt there is much room to keep a spare on this legendary vehicle, nor would they want any more weight than absolutely necessary.
I dont hold out much future for the Volt.
hls wrote:

The Volt will come to be known as the Short Circuit. Dinah Shore must be cringing in her grave(http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0794918 /).
--
Service Guarantees Citizenship

On 12/03/2010 3:45 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Price down would be like $4,000 for a Tata Nano. What is Government Motors wanting for a Volt?
Should we start with the government hammer jokes?
--
Politicians don't provide anything, the tax payers do.

Price down my rear! A spare for that POS wouldnt cost GM more than $20-30, versus a cost of $40-50,000.

WHOOOSH-------
On 12/03/2010 6:05 PM, hls wrote:

Ever here of the story about government an $1000 hammers? $20 for the hammer and $980 to deliver it.
In 2009 Canada and the US subsidized Government Motors about $60,000 per auto. I am not sure if this included the massive debt writedown either.
While you and I would think a $20-30 spare, you have to add UAW/CAW, oh so fat management, inefficiencies, and now even government costs to it. And even if you don't own a GM, you get to pay for it.
GM, they keep on sucking...
--
Politicians don't provide anything, the tax payers do.

When the wallstreat companies do the same they call it godwill or goodwill
You pay $20 for the hammer and $980 for the goodwill of not hitting you with the hammer

That is simply noty true when you buy one Volt you get one spare. So when one brakes down you use the other. That is why the Volt is so expensive - you get two for the price of one.
I agree several do not have spares these days, stupid if you ask me.
--
GMCJones
Message origin: www.TRAVEL.com