no spare tire in my TT

i just bought a used TT. Nice car, bur I just discovered it has no spare tire but it has a compressor and some kind of spray...!!??. Does anyone has any experience with this system. Is it reliable or should I but a spare tire ?

mariana

Reply to
mariana

Hi Mariana,

I have heard that this is the standard kit for dealing with a flat tyre - I think on TTRs. In the UK, the TTC has a space saver wheel - still not brilliant, but it's difficult to store a full size wheel in the size of car we have. So I wouldn't worry too much - just make sure you know how to use the spray ... or sort out a recovery service.

Good TT'ing

Reply to
Moley

In article , Moley writes

Not sure about the TT, but in the UK the A3 now comes with the spray/compressor as standard, with the space-saver wheel as a no-cost option.

I'd imagine the TT has a space for a space-saver wheel where the spray/compressor is atm? If so then I'd seriously consider buying one.

The two problems with the spray/compressor solution are:

  1. It doesn't help if you have a major blow-out.
  2. If you have a simple puncture, such as a nail, then using the spray will wreck the tyre and you'll need a new one rather than a simple repair.
Reply to
Toby Groves