What are your dream cars?

mine:
1. '55 Chevy Hot Rod, 210, 2 door post, lowered a bit, hopped up small block Chevy with FI, AT, solid black with a mild flame job, Boyd Coddington
wheels (ones that look like old Cragars), front end that tilts to show off the engine at car shows, Sonic, etc.. Let 'em drool over the engine.
2. (already got this one, I'd rather have the '55 though) Chevy Venture minivan.........transportation appliance for general everyday going to work, errands, Lowe's, camping, etc..

2004 Holden Commodore, 5 person with a manual transmission and latest generation 5.7L V-8.
It would put my 1992 Roadmaster to shame.
. Vuarra
| mine: | | 1. '55 Chevy Hot Rod, 210, 2 door post, lowered a bit, hopped up small | block Chevy with FI, AT, solid black with a mild flame job, Boyd Coddington | wheels (ones that look like old Cragars), front end that tilts to show off | the engine at car shows, Sonic, etc.. Let 'em drool over the engine. | | 2. (already got this one, I'd rather have the '55 though) Chevy Venture | minivan.........transportation appliance for general everyday going to | work, errands, Lowe's, camping, etc.. | | |
1957 BelAir (or Nomad) 1967 Red GTO (had one once) 1969 Impala SS 454 Custom Coupe (or a '68 SS 427)

Coddington
Muscle/Pony/Sports Cars: my fathers old 1969 Yenko Camaro (I know where she is, got an extra $600K so I can buy her back?I still have the orginal order sheet, protectoplate, owners manuial, cowl flapper door, air cleaner lid, and full specs on the bored and stroked 427 per 1969 NHRA SS/A rules)
Second is a 1970 Chevelle SS with a 454, 4 speed, 12 bolt with 4.88 gears. Blue with a blue int.
Third any 1965 to 1974 Big Block Corvette with a 4 speed and side pipes. *thumps chest*
Fouth a 70 to 73 T/A 455, 4 speed, white and blue.
Fifth a 74 Firebird a friend has.
Sixth the 1969 Elky at my shop that's a true SS, with a 396 under the hood.
Seventh, my 1985 Trans Am.
Eight the Holden Ute SS, with a roo bar.
Trucks: GMC Syclone GMC Typhoone any pre 1973 4x4 GM Any GM 4x4 or 6x6 medium duty truck. any 1994 to 2002 GM medium duty C-6500. Any IH Scout Most GM 4x4 Trucks Charles

Just out of curiosity, have you contacted the present owner and asked if they wanted to buy all that stuff back for their Yenko Camaro? Might make some serious scratch off of it, funds for other projects.

watch Monster Garage last night? Jesse raced, with the Caddy, against a hot rodded out candy apple red Chevy Chevelle a '70 or so. That was a cool looking car. I used to be a purist and only liked original cars but nice wheels and a cool paint job really make a car look tough.

See '2 Lane Blacktop'? The '55 Chevy goes against an El Camino SS454 towards the end of the film.
Justin wrote:

I'm strange, I don;t really like much cars, Vette maybe. Full size 2 door square body style Blazer, wish my parents had gave my their 79 instead of selling it. GMC Syclone ZR2 S10 If I won the lottery, I would buy the biggest truck I could get with a contractor bed (all those little doors) so I could back up to the tool store and load up one of everything :)
'58 Chevy Impala Convertible.
One of the prettiest convertibles ever.
<rj>

Actually A few years ago I talked to an employee of the current owner. After spending months tracking the car down, once I learned the third owner had sold it. I will take them the items if I ever get a chance to go see the car in person.

Nope. My TV's cable box was messed up again. Corrected the problem with a DVR cable box this morning. Now when I figure otu all the features I can record my shows and never miss them.

"It doesn't even have a heater" "Why not" "Nothing in it that will slow it down".
Thanks to an E/X-GF I no longer have the tape of it. I love that movie. Charles

2 Lane Blacktop's out on DVD now. It has commentary from the director where he talks about the cars and such. After they were done filming, and the director was editing and doing post production, the director drove that '70 GTO for a few months. He just couldn't stand letting it sit in a warehouse until it was sold. The limited edition boxset has a book of photos, a book of photos from the movie, and a silver '55 Chevy keychain.

that
Ill keep my eyes out for a copy. I was Just a young pup when I first saw that movie. It may well have be responcible for my former street racing days.
The GTO was nice, but that 55 chevy is more of my idea of a nice driver.
I one time let one of my ex roommates watch the movie. He said to me afterwards "man I just don't get that movie" Charles

Yeah, a lot of people can't appreciate a film that emphasizes the cars as characters themselves, beautiful scenery, and sparse but profound dialogue between the characters. People have been brought up on Hollywood bullshit -- action, celebrities, explosions and sex.
"If I don't get grounded soon; I'll go into orbit." (GTO driver) Even though the film has various Hemicudas, Camaros, Mustangs, Vettes, El Camino SS454, Chevelle SS396, '32 Ford hot rod, Superbees, Superbirds, etc, I like the '55 Chevy 210 the best. That's my favorite car of all time. I love one of the first scenes where they pull up to a gas station and the mechanic (co-driver) tilts the one piece fiberglass fron end up and it shows the beautiful 327 small block with the high riser carbs and headers. Everyone in the gas station comes out to drool over the engine. They call it a 454 in the film, but it's actually a 327.

I remember the first time I saw it. The ending had us all jumping up to run to the projectionists booth to tell 'em the film broke and burnt. Took me a couple viewings to "get it"
Great movie, and I agree with the poster who likes the 55 over the Goat, even with Warren Oates being the best perfomance of the film, he just makes that movie what it is IMO...
Wir welle bleiwe wat mir sin (Letzebuergesch)
Simple here,,,Corvettes & Cadillac's are my favorite cars. As far as dream car, I'd really like a 95 Corvette ZR1 Black on Black.
Dan
1990 Pontiac Grand-Am SE 5 SPEED Quad-4 HO 1989 Chevy Corvette Coupe Black on Black 5.7 TPI

Coddington
Probably the only person here to mention:
1966 Corvair Corsa coupe or conv. - 4 carb - 140 hp 1966 Yenko Stinger Stage II - 190 hp
(as close to a Porsche as I was EVER going to get)

I would be happy with any Yenko Stinger. A stage 5 Stinger will eat a stock 67 427 425 HP vette. Charles

1. '27 T-bucket, 85HP flathead, Offy intake, dual Stromberg 97's.. Edelbrock heads, straight pipes.
2. 1999 JDM market Toyota MR2 turbo
3. 1989 Toyota MR2 supercharged (true stoplight warrior... fastest 0-30 in the WORLD)
4. 1972 Chevy K30, 454, 35" tires
-Bret