What's the best handling GM sedan ?

Page 1 of 2
Anybody has an opinion on the best handling GM sedan ?
I'm looking for a 4 door sedan for spirited street & highway driving. I'd be willing to do some amount of suspension modification, shocks/springs
etc, but not too many changes.
Are there any unknown jewels in the GM lineup ?
Jim
I don't own any newer GM sedans but I rent them quite often for business trips. I've driven just about every full size GM sedan made in the past few years with the exception of Caddies. And I really like the Impala, it drives very good and handles fairly nimble.
My opinion though.
Brian

shocks/springs
I have to agree about the Impala, since I bought a 2000 LS and my wife and I dearly love it. Roy

James Ma wrote:

My situation is similar to NoSpam's. I fly all over on business and rent cars. One that I kind of liked was the 04 GP GTP. It is a big car though. You might want to wait until the 4 door GTO comes out next year.
| | My situation is similar to NoSpam's. I fly all over on business and rent cars. | One that I kind of liked was the 04 GP GTP. It is a big car though. | You might want to wait until the 4 door GTO comes out next year.
A GTO Sedan? It figures! GM needs people that know what a GTO is supposed to be...and it ain't a sedan!

cars.
I don't think that there's going to be a 4 door GTO. GM left a website with the 05 stuff "open" for a little bit and it said that the GTO was going to get the LS2, and 6.0 L badges yadda yadda yadda.
Whats new for 2005 LS2 6.0L engine replaces LS1 400 horsepower (295 kw) 395 lb.-ft. of torque (546 Nm) Available hood with twin air scoops Revised rear fascia incorporating outlets for new split dual exhaust system Polished exhaust outlet tips Larger brake rotors and calipers Red-painted calipers with GTO logo on front caliper Driver foot rest Two new colors: blue and grey Model Lineup Engine Transmissions 6.0L V-8 redline 6500rpms
| | I don't think that there's going to be a 4 door GTO. GM left a website with | the 05 stuff "open" for a little bit and it said that the GTO was going to | get the LS2, and 6.0 L badges yadda yadda yadda. | | Whats new for 2005 | LS2 6.0L engine replaces LS1 | 400 horsepower (295 kw) | 395 lb.-ft. of torque (546 Nm) | Available hood with twin air scoops | Revised rear fascia incorporating outlets for new split dual exhaust system | Polished exhaust outlet tips | Larger brake rotors and calipers | Red-painted calipers with GTO logo on front caliper | Driver foot rest | Two new colors: blue and grey | Model Lineup | Engine Transmissions | 6.0L V-8 | redline 6500rpms | |
Finally, hood scoops!
Pontiac Grand Prix, or Chevy Impala. The Impala is almost a 4 door Monte Carlo...(In my opinion with the similarity in handling)

shocks/springs

shocks/springs
Get the new SS Impala and then go to GMpartsdirect.com and get the handling upgrade kit for it, its the heavy duty sway bars, trailing arms, and strut tower braces, then get some poly bushings from Jegs, then it'll handle slightly better then the Police issue impala's (because of the poly bushings) and be able to outrun them because of the supercharger.

Can't outrun a radio though.
** To email a reply, please remove everything up to and including the underscore in my email reply header.

handling
strut
Thats why I always wanted to make a high powered jammer that would kill every channel in the police band for a 50 mile radius...

Paradox, with your mentality I doubt that you have enough brains to make your own bed let alone a jammer. The only jammer you need is one up your ass.
I love it when people with no prior post history snipe at me on message boards, I feel like such a celebrity here...
Everyone's gotta be an internet-toughguy...
Hate them damn trolls.....every once in a while they are fun to play with, but once you grab them and shake them around a bit, the spine snaps and they lie in a crumpled heap.

That sounds realistic. No one would ever be able to pinpoint your location then by golly, except everyone's compasses would probably thin you were "north" or something. Heheh.
wrote:

** To email a reply, please remove everything up to and including the underscore in my email reply header.

Or get a '70 Dodge Super Bee with a 440ci Six Pack, yellow with the black top as in the 1974 film "Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry". Just stay away from the trains. I hope that flick becomes available on DVD soon.
We've got quite a few hilly/curvy roads her in NE Penna.
Our 2002 Buick Century takes 'em like it was on rails. Minimum lean, no tire squeal, a good feeling of stability.
The downside is the 3.1 V-6. It's no screamer by any means. But even that has an up-side.... ( 30mpg )
wrote:

<rj>
Park Avenue Ultra
Standard: Grand Touring Suspension, Magnetic Steering, Stablitrack, ABS, Traction Control, 17 " Tires.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~282,025 miles_~_~_
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Harry Face) wrote in

ABS,
I wonder if the Malibu, Pontiac Grand Am GT, Grand Prix might all handle a bit better, with their firmer suspensions. I suspect the Buick's handling is worse than it could be because it's still an american luxury car, with its usual mushiness, but it's probably still a lot better than other luxury cars of its ilk. I'd like to see some skidpad numbers -- lateral G force numbers. I was at a graduation party the other night and there was a local police officer there. I complimented the dept. (a small dept.) on their recent purchase of an all Chevy Impala fleet to replace the Crown Vics they used to have. I asked if the Impalas had the 3800 or the 3400. (I suspect 3800). His reply was to the effect of "I don't care what it has under the hood, as long as it starts up." I felt like telling him that "any man who could drive around 8 hours in a car without knowing what's under the hood is NO MAN at all!" Thought better of it. He might plant some weed on me. My dad used to be a fleet mechanic for a county in CA. He used to come home a lot with a lot of tales of how police officers had destroyed the engines/trannies in their patrol cars. Sure, police work is naturally hard on a car, but some of the shit these cops have done to their cars would blow your socks off, as a taxpayer. One cop was stuck in 3 feet of mud. Instead of waiting for a towtruck; he redlined the car trying to get it out; burnt the tranny and engine up. I used to think all cops were car guys, maybe int he past.

All the police issue impala's are 3800's with an improved handling kit, and all cops are morons.