Reagan Funeral

I bet the Exec's at Cadillac were smiling, seeing all those Cadillac.s enroute to the Reagan Library........Now that's the kind of send off I want.

Did you notice all those cameramen standing and hanging off the back of the Avalanche just ahead of the hearse? At least it had the Without Body Cladding option.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~282,025 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

If that many people make a fuss over you when you croak:

it means you were as full of shit as any politician!

they used that as sympathy for the republican party. Didn't you see Georgie Dubwa's popularity rose at the end of the day?

When I croak, I sleep face down, put two pillows in a decent box, burry me in my favorite jeans, put a plate over my ass so my ex wife and ex fiancée can't bunghole me anymore. I'm happy and ready to be planted and push up daisies!

Refinish King

PS Make mental note, to shove wireless keyboard up friend's ass!

Reply to
Refinish King

First he's in California, next to Washington, D.C., then back to California. I thinks he's on tour. Next month he'll be opening for the Rolling Stones!

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Race

Yes, he went "from sea to shining sea" and I think that was the intended theme. He planned this funeral well in advance of his death. Rich B

Rich B

I think the whole trip was done with an empty casket. Too much potential for funeral arts problems when a body is left in ambient temperatures without attention for so long.

They slipped him back into the box before the middle of the night entombment.

Reply to
R. Makul

As long as the body was embalmed you could ship the guy to Rome, France, Lake Winnepesaukee, Watts and Elsegundo.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~283,100 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

Yep:

Especially if the mortician did a good job with the fluid, and saw if there was a clot obstructing a limb, and did that limb separately. The body can last months with no ill effects

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

========== Well, (as RR used to say when he began answering a Q) you can believe that if you want to. The art of deception on the survivors is as much a part of the funeral/death industry as it is a part of the magician's trade. It really doesn't make a difference to the deceased, as, by definition, he/she is dead.

With the potential of things going wrong with a "live" (actually dead) body in the casket (unless he were sealed in a rubber bag or something) over several days without a "time out" funeral director's inspection and attention, v. the use of an empty casket, I believe it would have been imprudent to do it with a body in the box.

I note that while the official casket was lying in state at the Capitol, the military pallbearers were practicing with an identical "empty" casket at the Cathedral. Nobody could visually tell the difference.

Frankly, if he were in there, I think all the handling, jostling, etc. would have been far more disrespectful than just leaving the body in California. Those paying respects were paying respects to his memory, not his body.

Reply to
R. Makul