Where is all the taxpayers money going?

Washington DC seems pretty quiet on where all the taxpayers moneys are going....

Would you buy a Government Motors vehicle after being shafted?

Reply to
Canuck57

Apparently your person opinion is just that, an opinion of one, GM sales are going up. LOL

Reply to
Mike

Well, with a subsidy from the taxpayers.....

And Toyota sales are up even much further. Bet they tank by September or so. Can't say you are much of a car company when in prime season you sell less. Lets see in September.... and how much more it costs taxpayers.

Government Motors needs a new name, Needy, Greedy Motors...

Reply to
Canuck57

So what is your point, who cares if you do not like GM vehicles? Many others obviously still want to buy GM vehicles, regardless of your daily ranting in this NG.

Your opinion does not mean much in the scheme of things. GM sales are up more than Toyotas sales, and GM continues to outsell Toyota every month in the US.

Reply to
Mike

So, who cares that you want others to support a company that is in essense, a needy-greedy corporate welfare patient taking taxes from people.

They haven't struck the free speach amendment have they? Who knows, maybe that is next. Government Motors, Government Banking, what is next?

Sales are down from last month, oh, you must mean last year...

Given you and others said GM would never go bankrupt lets give you round two.

My predictions is Government Motors USSR is going to have record low sales this fall as the second wave of the depression/recession hits. Government will need to sellout taxpayers for at least another $50B so the sacred cow can survive.

The major cause of above is going to be sliding quality of the vehicles due to parts. Parts manufacturers will cheapen them. More plastic manifold type issues.

GM is on a 3-4 year decline in sales. When they do go bankrupt again, say in 5 years they will be gone for good. By that time the electorit will have had a round or two at congressional and senatorial corruption. The government at the time will be worried about it's own existance in debt to worry about GM.

Reply to
Canuck57

You have still not addressed the point of the post, and that was that GM STILL sells more vehicle in the US than any other manufacturer, no mater what your personal opinion of GM may be? The fact is many actual BUYERS do not agree with YOUR OPINION regardless of your daily ranting in this NG

Reply to
Mike

No you didn't , you merely repeated a fallacy. You said they sell their vehicles below the build cost and that is not true, the build cost is only about 30% of the MSRP, dummy.

As usual you have no idea what the hell you are talking about! You obviously know nothing about the auto industry or economics.

The reason GM, and all of the other high volume vehicle manufactures including the imports, are losing money is because the market has declined over 40%, to the point it has drasticly effected their economies of scale. Once their economies of scare are adjust to the lower market they will begin to show a profit, but for now they are ALL lossing money, incliding the import brands.

Actually the American taxpayer does PAY for the Japanese governments subsidies to their manufactures, which include the Japanese auto companies.

The people who buy Japanese cars pay even more, noy only do they supply the profits they must also pay higher federal taxes to make up for what the Japs do NOT pay on the profits earned in the US, their largest market. LOL

The money they have been given for nearly 60 years, comes to Japan in the form of tax rebates on the profits they bring back to Japan US corporate tax FREE, dummy.

Reply to
Mike

To me build costs include ALL costs. But that is GM's problem, your idea of a build cost is when government pays for parts, services, labour and supplies. Hell, governemnt even picks up the warranty costs!

LMAO. If I could get that kind of business assistance I could sell anything I could make trivially.

Trouble is, GM is a looser!

Reply to
Canuck57

Build cost doesnt mean crap. Bottom line, the cost is "cost of goods produced", or similar. This includes every freaking penny that goes into the product, even including advertising, electricity, etc etc.

If you cant sell the product reasonably above that cost, then you inevitably lose money.

Cost accounting should be simple, but with this level of sophistication, it may not be.

Reply to
HLS

Once again you demonstrate you have no idea what the hell you are talking about! You obviously know nothing about the auto industry or economics or the overall costs of running a business.

As too warranties they are covered by insurance companies, dummy

Reply to
Mike

So you are saying taxpayers should not care how the government spends $65B on GM yet Madoff gets $150 years for much less?

Reply to
Canuck57

No what I'm saying is who cares if you do not like GM vehicles? Many others obviously still want to buy GM vehicles, regardless of your daily ranting in this NG.

Your opinion does not mean much in the scheme of things. GM sales are up more than Toyotas sales, and GM and Ford continue to outsell Toyota every month in the US.

Reply to
Mike

He grub loser, it does mater and fortunately you can't stop my posts. Sorry reality hurts your ears.

I am an unwilling shareholder paying lots of taxes for that corrupt Government Motors. Gives me the right to have an oppinion and you freeking losers can screw off if you don't like it.

Good part about this depression, is it is teaching a lot of people reality.

Reply to
Canuck57

Once again you miss the point, you certainly are entitled to you own opinion, no mater how convoluted it may be.

You remind one of the guy that keep hitting himself on the head with a hammer. When asked why he did that every day he said because it feels so good when I stop!

All of us who are producers pay taxes and I'm sure I pay a lot more in a month than you pay in a year, but what is done can not be undone so why rant in this NG?

If you want to accomplish something write and call you Senators and Congressman to help stop "Cap and Trade" and a government take over of our healthcare system, things that will REALLY waste trillions of dollars, not just billions.

We all know you don't like GM but when will YOU realize nobody in the NG CARES what you think and your ranting accomplish nothing!

If you would simply say "in my opinion" rather than trying to give the impression you know what you are talking about, then nobody would need to reply to the stupid, uninformed or misinformed crap you post, over and over every day, as fact.

Try putting IMO in the subject line and save us all some time, WBMA LOL

Reply to
Mike