Which parts to save...

I have a 1992 Lumina APV ready to go to "automobile heaven". Gotta get it out of my driveway as the community association disapproves of it's presence. I also have a running 1990 Silhouette APV for knock around town purposes.

Before the 1992 goes to the wrecker, which parts should I retain for future use for the Silhouette....

already have the alternator, battery and map sensor.

Would the pickup coil and crank sensor be worthwhile saving ?? Anything else ???

Thanks !!!

Reply to
Peter

Extra ignition components are always good to save because they can be used for "swap parts troubleshooting" someday if the vehicle doesn't start. Keep al the fuses and relays too. GW

"Peter " wrote:

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

You might want to save some of the odd small attaching clips, screws and other parts that are very difficult to get.

****************************************** I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson ~
Reply to
Rich B

I typically remove light bulbs and headlight bulbs as well as other common wear and tear items. Bulbs are certainly cheap enough but it always seems you need to replace a blown one when you're not in the mood to drive to the parts store. Also the gas cap is handy in case some day you leave yours at the pump.

Is the starter the same on both vehicles? How about pulling the fuses and any plug in relays?

Before the 1992 goes to the wrecker, which parts should I retain for future use for the Silhouette....

already have the alternator, battery and map sensor.

Would the pickup coil and crank sensor be worthwhile saving ?? Anything else ???

Thanks !!!

Reply to
Rufus T. Firefly

Assuming they are all good and spec to your '90, I'd keep around the ignition module and coil packs as a package, injectors, intake plenum, PS pump, cooling fan, ECM. Almost fit in a big breadbox.

--Vic

Reply to
Victor Smith

If the headlights, grille & taillights are good & you got room to store them, try to sell them on your own.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~266,400 miles_~_~~_
Reply to
Harry Face

I'd save the air in the tires. 1992 air is rare. You never know.

Reply to
Daniel

LOL!! GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

If the car is going to the bone yard, take off the wheels, spare tire, whatever you will need... I remember I sent a car to the yard Couple of months later needed a switch, went to the same yard and there was my car... I had to pay to get the damn switch from my own car... Oh well it wasn't mine anymore but I felt like it was....

Jake

Reply to
M Hayes529

Thanks all !!! I have 4 Tires just full of 1992 air. The wheels are free all you have to pay for is the air !! Will ship !!!!!

Thanks again for the advice !!!

Reply to
Peter

Was it summer air or winter air? Winter air is denser so it will cost more to ship due to the added weight.

Thanks again for the advice !!!

Reply to
Rufus T. Firefly