Yen

if toyota says its an american car company how come the japs need to devalue the yen to help jap car companys is that a indirect bailout.

Tom wrote:

The Japs are having to cut interest rates because the yen is to high, because the dollar is dropping like a lead weight in a septic tank full of the world currencies. The dollar is down almost 3/4 of one percent today. In other words the foreigners who are holding our dollars and our debt valued in dollars just lost a lot of money and you think they are going to keep investing in our debt? It looks like a race among the countries to see who can drive down their currency the fastest and the mostest.
On 2010-10-05 11:13:41 -0700, FatterDumber& Happier Moe

It's all a vast, right-wing conspiracy. Big banks, big oil, and mega-corps are all conspiring to bring down the dollar right before the election.
There. I said it before any left-wing loon came up with this nonsense within their vacuous skull.
--
"America is like a healthy body, and its resistance is threefold; its
patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine
Conscience wrote:

It's a bag of worms, the lower dollars makes a nice temp fix to all problems. Today's market rally is nothing but a play on the weak dollar. There are some gaps in the euro and when the euro heads down to fill those gaps it isn't going to be pretty. But that won't be until after the elections, until then...... party on!
On 2010-10-05 12:01:22 -0700, FatterDumber& Happier Moe

They're doing everything they can to prop up this fake market until after the election, at the latest after Jan. 1.
After that, it's all downhill.
Don't hold anything overnight. Get back into cash before market close each day. That's it.
--
"America is like a healthy body, and its resistance is threefold; its
patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine
Conscience wrote:

nicely for the banks? Since they don't have to, or can't foreclose on them they keep the properties on the books instead of having to take the write offs.
On 2010-10-05 12:28:18 -0700, FatterDumber& Happier Moe

But, but, but Obama said the recession was over.
--
"America is like a healthy body, and its resistance is threefold; its
patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine
On 10/5/2010 9:17 AM, Tom wrote:

Same crap the US is trying to do with China. Devalue and debase the currency is like lowering the value of your wages.
Say a barrel of oil costs $80 like earlier this week. If I can devalue the currency in 1/2, then you need twice the currency to buy the next barrel, $160. Oil didn't go up, the value of the currency went down. Hard cocept I know, but media polishes the governments turds on this. Sounds better to say oil went up, a politicial no no to say government screwed up currency and you need more of it to buy the same stuff.
Inflation is about currency devaluation. Trouble is, while it may make your domestic products cheaper for other countries to import, it has the nasty effect of inflation without wage increases for the people. Lower standard of living results.
In the end, it does not work as union strife, more people become working poor, buy less and as a result pricing pressures drive prices down.
Part of the real problem is government/banks interest policy. If people get zero interest for money savings, then the money gets horded in non-investment situations. Thus the economy stalls.
If you ask me, government is deliberately causing this depression. Low interest rates and massive debt/inflationary currency creating is creating a huge bubble that will burst.
My guess is beginning 2011, I expect 15 to 30% inflation every year. And will continue until the monitary system collapses or government wakes up from its massive debt denial ponzi and corruption schemes. Might even be civil revolts.
--
Is government working for you, or are you working for the government?