1990 CRX no hot start

Hi All, my friend's 1990 Civic CRX refuses to start if the engine is hot, after a normal drive. When in the no start mode the engine cranks, and it feels like it is flooded. To start it again, he must open the hood for about 10 to 15 minutes, and without doing anything else, the car would start and run fine afterwards. Any ideas?

Thanks

Arnold

Reply to
Arnold

Main fuel relay. It's under the dashboard to the left of the driver on the Accord from that era. I don't know if it is the same for a civic. Rich

Reply to
Rich

"Arnold" wrote in news:O1que.4848$PZ6.1442@trndny08:

It's the EFI Main Relay!!!!!!

TeGGeR®

It could be water in your fuel line/gas tank. I had the same problem with my '87 Accord LX-i with EFI. It only happened occationally. Motorweek had recommended using 99% isopropyl alcohol in the tank to evaporate the water, so I did... Up until this point, I have not had the problem anymore.

Reply to
DW