CRX no fuel

Friend has a 91 Honda CRX 1.5L.

She reports it intermittently cranks but won't fire. Sometimes that's cold starts, other times it stalls in traffic.

It's in that mode now. It fires & dies on a squirt of starting fluid so I figure it's fuel not ignition.

I can't hear a fuel pump running when I turn on the ignition, but there's a *^(^*(&^( beeper you can't silence during the first 15 seconds.

What to check first? Is there a fuel pump relay somewhere?

Reply to
David Lesher

John Ings

OK, I give up... Where IS this relay hidden on a 91 CRX?

I find a single-pole relay (4 wires total) bolted above the hood latch release. It has no yellow wires. Removing it disables the starter system, it appears. There are 2 more relays plugged into the fuse panel but neither appears to be it either.

But the car starts, today.... Because it's been in the shade, I bet. {Still can not hear the fuel pump run initially...}

There's a relay/fuse box on the right front fender but nothing close to this.

I felt above/behind the fusebox. NFG.

"There must be a pony in here somewhere..."

Reply to
David Lesher

Found it..

It's inside {not "under"...} the dashboard; above the hood release and rear of it. You can see it at all only if you remove the flip-open coin tray left of the fuse cover...

Reply to
David Lesher