1996 Odyssey strong smell of gas

Why does my 1996 Odyssy with 250,000 miles suddenly smell strongly of gasoline? There is nothing leaking from it. I've looked under the hood and everything looks to be in order. When I get out of the car after a drive, it
reeks of gas. What's up? Thanks!
Because it has a leak. Could be tank, lines or anywhere gas flows. Better get it checked out before it goes boom.

John Smith wrote:

before getting too worried, make sure you didn't just get gas on your shoe at the pump. otherwise, if it's leaking, there will be spillage somewhere.