1998 Honda Prelude

Looking at purchasing a 1998 Prelude with 85 thousand miles! Any thing I should look for as the dealer advised the car is OK I would still like opinions on what else. What kind of fuel mileage should I expect?
1/3 city 2/3 highway at speed limit. Your advise will be appreciated.Any cool sites on Preludes would be appreciated.

miles!
is OK I would

mileage should I expect?

would be

I think www.edmunds.com 's used car appraising site is helpful. It breaks down each year and model's appraisal by mileage, geographic location, condition, and whether one is hoping to buy from a dealer, private party, or via trade-in. It also has city/highway fuel mileage stats for a given car.
www.fueleconomy.gov has fuel mileage stats also.

Try this site http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/findacar.htm
Consider running a carfax report. Try carfax.com or do a google search for Car Fax or carfax. The dealer might run one for you for free.
Don't buy it if the car was involved in an accident. A bent frame is VERY expensive to repair. Of course, a "bent frame" does not happen in every accident but why take a chance.
Check to see if the oil on dipstick is black--if so--don't buy it.
Consider having a mechanic running a compression check and hooking it up to Diagnostic computerized engine tester and running the standard tests.
Have someone start the car while you watch the exhaust--if black smoke comes out--don't buy it.
Do a google search for Prelude to find prelude sites.
--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO

expect?
Good info at this site -- particularly on what to look for. http://www.absoluteprelude.com / I get around 27-28 on the highway running at 75-80. A lot depends on how much you run in up into the VTEC, which is around 5300. I don't advise running it past the redline -- 7400 -- as some Prelude owners tell me they do. The car requires premium.

A friend of mine has a 97 SH model. He's had an O2 sensor replaced. His ATTS oil sensor is bad. The connector to his driver-side (left) headlight is now faulty as it comes on and off. Some Honda's suffer from leaky distributors (which are quite expensive, I assure you).
If accidents bother you, look out for that. The hood, truck, and fenders should still have their sticker that has the VIN. Check all the glasses to ensure that they are the Honda brand.
Honda's are also very specific on their power steering and coolant fluids. Make sure that they are Honda brands and not aftermarket.
Make sure that you have all the factory keys. A replacement with built-in anti-theft chip will cost you big bucks. While you're at it, make sure that you get the anti-theft code for the radio.
My brother's had the 2000 base model and achieved 26mpg 50/50 split between city and freeway. He got 30mpg on a mostly freeway trip.