steering 1986 honda prelude

my prelude gets hard to steer somtimes any one got an idea?

Reply to
preludedude

Is there a pattern, like when cold? Power steering sometimes gets "morning sickness," caused by the rack seals not sealing when cold. Once the fluid and rack warm up again power assist is restored, but the problem gets progressively worse.

I'm assuming the fluid is still full and nothing but Honda PS fluid has been used.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

no there is no pattern but i have replaced the cv joint recently. ill replace the ps fluid maybe thats the problem.. thanks

Reply to
preludedude

that won't be it. nor the cv joint. check the ball joints - maybe one's seizing up. go to tegger.com to see what happens if you don't catch that one.

Reply to
jim beam