2001 civic whirring sound at pre-ignition...Fuel pump priming itself?

Hi Folks,
I have a question. On my 2001 civic, when I first turn on the key to the accessory position (but not actually start the car), I hear a clicking or whirring sound coming from somewhere. However, it goes
away son after and everything is fine? Is that the fuel pump priming itself? I hear the same sound immediately after I turn off the ignition. On my Mustang, I remember I heard a similar sound and it was fine.
Am I just being anal or is this something to worry about?
I should mention that the yellow fuel pump DOES NOT light up at all afterwards to warn of an error.
Cheers, Derek

Probably the fuel pump re-pressurizing the lines for the fuel injection;that requires a higher pressure than the older carbureted models.
There's a common problem with Honda/Acura cars where the main relay becomes intermittent(cracked solder joints),and the car starts,dies,and will not start again,you can crank away and nothing,happens more on hot days.gradually happens more often. Sometimes,a whack on the drivers side of the dash will temporarily cure the problem. The fix is to pull the MR,and resolder the joints,or spend $50 USD or more to replace the main relay.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik