9.3 whirring sound

Whenever I switch off the engine and remove the key,I can hear a whirring or clockwork sound which goes on for quite a while afterwards. The noise comes from the lower part of the centre console. Anyone know what is making this sound?

Molesworth

Reply to
Molesworth

Do you have the heater on recirc? For some reason it goes back to fresh air when you turn the ignition off. If you turn recirc on and off without the engine running, you should hear the same noise.

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

It's the cabin temp air sensor in the dash which has a fan in it to suck air over a variable resistor. It runs for 20/30 seconds after switching off. It gets noisy when the dust builds up inside it after a few years.

Reply to
Richard Sutherland-Smith