306 HDI Fuel System Priming

Does anybody know how to prime the fuel system of a 2000 306 HDI? I've replaced the low pressure fuel pump and went to prime the system but cannot identify a fuel priming bulb. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Reply to
Jon_S

replaced the low pressure fuel pump and went to prime the system but cannot identify a fuel priming bulb. Any ideas?

just turn ignition on till pump stops then turn off ignition. Repeat approx

5 times and fire up engine

Rob J

Reply to
Rob Jones

Thanks Rob.

I did as you suggested but can't actually hear the pump working. I guess either the new pump is faulty or there is an electrical fault.

Reply to
Jon_S

either the new pump is faulty or there is an electrical fault.

Out of interest how much was the pump?

Rob J

Reply to
Rob Jones

Cheapeast I could find was £57.50 + VAT from German and Swedish. A lot better than the £90 something (+VAT) that the main dealer wanted and it appears to be an indentical part.

Jon

Reply to
Jon_S

better than the £90 something (+VAT) that the main dealer wanted and it appears to be an indentical part.

I take it its the one on top of fuel tank with combined fuel sensor?

thought they wer £500 !!

Rob J

Reply to
Rob Jones