2007 Accord SE AC system

Does anyone know if the 2007 Accord SE has the same automatic (temperature sensing) AC system used on the EXL models of that year? Or is it the same system as the LX?
Thanks
On 08/09/2010 09:27 AM, J.L.Hemmer wrote:

have you ever heard of an a/c system that /doesn't/ sense temperature? because that's what they all have thermostats for.
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

The EXL systems have a more elaborate system...you set the temperature (i.e., 65, 70, etc.) as opposed to the conventional system. It is a true thermostat system unlike those of the LX series where you just set it at cool or whatever.
Therefore, my question is simply: does the SE have this true "thermostat" system....does that sufficiently clarify my question for you?
On 08/09/2010 10:55 AM, J.L.Hemmer wrote:

ok, all a/c systems have thermostats. the difference seems to be whether you want one with a digital display or the conventional type which simply has a dial.
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

Okay, now that you understand what I'm asking, do you know the answer?

But not all A/C system have climate control, which is what he is asking about. Mu kids Subaru's are base models and just have an AC button and fan speed lever. No temperature settings at all.
You've lived the life of luxury to remember what the little people drive. :-)
Jon

Jon,
Thanks
JL

Thanks to all that replied! I appreciate the answers.
JL

According to Cars.com (http://www.cars.com/honda/accord/2007/specs/?acode=USB70HOC011E0 ) the SE has "Manual air conditioning with air filter" as standard. They list the same for the LX. The EX has "Automatic dual-zone front air conditioning with air filter."
So I net this out as follows -
The SE and LX models have manual air conditiong. This is the type where you have a simple "cool to hot" knob or slider that you manually adjust to acieve a comfortable cabin temperature. The system doesn't measure cabin air temperature. It does not automatically adjust the A/C to maintain cabin temeparture. Changes in cabin air temperature are handle manually by the driver or passenger. Chages in outside temeperature, vehicle speed, engine temperature, can all effect the cabin air temperature which might require the occupants to readjsut the position of the temperature control. Thus this is called manual a/c.
The EX Model has automatic temeprature control. You set a cabin air temperature like setting a theromstat in a home and the system adjusts the A/C system to maintain the cabin air temeprature based on the measurement of the cabin air temeprature by a separate thermocouple.
I've had both types of systems. If the Automatic Temerature control is cheap, I am OK with it. However, I ahve noticed that many people treat the automatic temperature control systems just like a manual system. They constantly alter the target temeprture instead of just leaving it at a certain setting. This defeats the purpose of ATC. You might as well have a coo/hot slider or knob if you aren't willing to let the ATC control the temperature for you.
Ed
On 8/10/10 12:00 PM, C. E. White wrote:

You've been watching my wife in the car, haven't you! Her other favorite trick is-- say when we've been out of town for a few week and turned the A/C thermostat in the house up to 85 or 86 degrees to save money. When we come home, she cranks the dial down to 60 "so it will cool down faster." No amount of 'splainin on my part seems to make any difference...