2007 Maxima SE

Greets All,

Just moved from a '90 Sedan DeVille, which we bought new, to a '07 Maxima 3.5SE. In a word; WOW!

It's been a slower adjustment for Gramma than for myself but she's lovin' every minute of it. The torque steer is more noticible in the Max than the DeVille but the power/weight is substantially higher, too, and the only time it's obvious is under hard throttle while turning. No need for sling-shot passing in this car; you better make your move when you put the hammer down or you'll be in someone's back seat.

We live in the boonies in southern Orey-Gun and there's a nice hill on our way home from "town". I've enjoyed this hill in a variety of rides as well as my bike for almost 30 years now. We're old friends. The Max took first honors on that hill the first time we went up. The 45 mph curves that I take comfortably at 70 in the DeVille and 80 on the bike were no problem for the Maxima at 90. Too freakin' sweet!

I wish the front seats would go lower. And at very low speeds...20-25 mph...the CVT seems to search. Better to shift to manual when slow driving. That's it in the criticism department. This is a nice car. And it like to be driven.

Anybody know where I can get some gold emblems for '07? ;-]

Grampa Wolfie, et al

Reply to
Grampa Wolfie