2007 FIT obd2 question-check fuel cap

At 3250 miles 'check fuel cap' came on the same time the low fuel indicator displayed. From what I have researched , the ECU will have to cycle at 3/4
and 1/4 fuel levels 4 times.It should then reset the 'check fuel cap'.
I plan keeping this 'FIT' for a while and would like to obtain laptop software and an obd2 reader/reset handheld.
My question is - does this 'FIT' use the "CAN" diagnostic network or the "ISO" network?
No. Honda's network is propritary except for OBDII. The Honda Diagnostic Software (HDS) may become available in the future; but you would still need a H.I.M. (Honda Interface Module) to use it with a laptop.
Figure on spending a few bucks to get a H.I.M.
reddwood wrote:

-- Tp,
No Lawsuit Ever Fixed A Moron...
Not true. While a lot of the PID information is proprietary all the mandated OBDII information is available on most laptop readers. Gradually some of the proprietary information is becoming available and incorporated in some readers. I don't know if the 2007 has the CAN interface (most use the ISO interface) but If I was buying a laptop program/cable today I would get one that covered all four interfaces.

I'd reccomend against the laptop solution. I have it, and it's a pain in the ass. Get a handheld unit. They are fairly cheap now.
G-Man