Check Fuel Cap 2007 Accord

Getting the message.

Cap seems OK, I got the three clicks.

Car drives OK.

Still under warranty, message keeps appearing.

Guess I'll call the dealer, but any advice? Is it really likely the cap?

Googling, seems this message gets a lot of play, seems weird to me.

Thanks.

Josh

Reply to
zzznot

Had the same problem with my 06 when new. The dealer reset the system and I have not had a repeat since.

Reply to
tww1491

Only things I can think of are to check for dirt/damage/distortion on the cap threads and filler neck threads. Wipe all mating surfaces with soft damp cloth.

Reply to
Piso Mojado

"zzznot" wrote in news:O7BEj.6963$i54.5992@trnddc05:

Anybody ever dropped the cap?

Three clicks doesn't mean anything if the pressure seal goes bad.

In any case, a fix is free to you, so let the dealer worry about it.

Reply to
Tegger

Can't, it has that retainer.

Called dealer, advice was to see if it goes away, guess I'll survive it until Monday. Can't hurt, can it? Why does the car even have a sensor for something so minor?

J.

Reply to
JXStern

Fuel system pressure critical...

Reply to
Piso Mojado

EPA requirement.

Reply to
E Meyer

Seems to be OK now.

I'm still mildly skeptical of the whole thing.

J.

Reply to
JXStern

My Civic does this from time to time, it takes about 20-30 starts before it clears itself, very annoying :-(.

Reply to
Justbob30

Happened to me on a 2005 when new. Wait a while, it will probably go away. Mine did.

Reply to
Art

E Meyer wrote in news:C4094C7A.2F040% snipped-for-privacy@msn.com:

Yep.