2013 Honda Accord noise level ??

Page 2 of 2
On 5/1/2013 10:11 AM, Flatlander wrote:

I have noticed no excessive noise in my 2012 Pilot from rain although we tend to have more snow than rain in sthe winter.
RH
"Mike Trainor" wrote in message wrote:

How true!
I got a 2013 Accord LX-S in December last year . No model choise, as I do not like autmatic transmissions and was confined to the LX-S.
Though it is the bottom of the ladder, it is infinitely quieter than the 2000 Subaru Legacy I drove for 12+ years. I was skeptical about the voice recognition for the telephone because of the noise level, but it works fine.
What is suprising is the difference between cruising and accelerating. Even a moderate push on the accelerator, tremendously increases the noise level as the car revs up. The difference in the levels still surprises me. I once floored the accelerator just to see what would happen (was in fourth). The car took off like a rocket, and sounded like one! The moment I took my foot off, it was like I had gone deaf.
My wife bought a Camry Hybrid in the fall last year. *She* finds it noisy, compared to her old Lexus 400. I find it much quiter than the Accord!!
So, as the man says, "it is what one is used to".
mt Good choice -- but I thought you could get the EX I4 with the 6spd. If I were to replace my S2000, I would surely buy the manual Accord.

Getting off the thread here, but ... I love the 6 speed as it is smooth as silk compared to the Subaru Legacy. Perhaps on par with the Toyotas and Citreons I have driven and better than the BMWs I have had a chance to drive.
The only trouble is the Subaru was 5 speed and now I tend to get a bit confused between 4 and 6!! Sometimes I shift from 5 to 4 when I meant to go to 6, sometimes I drive on 4 for while thinking I am on 6 (till I glance at the tach), ... and so on. But, it is treat to shift after the Subaru.
mt

Yeah it's Michelin.
J.