You may need to replace the head gasket. A damaged head gasket allows water and oil to get combined. I once had a bad head gasket and the first clue was the oil was black within two days of an oil change. Water was making the oil have a black color. Your mechanic should easily be able to determine whether or not you have a bad head gasket. It's expensive to fix since it involves taking the engine apart.
--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO
On 2005-05-14 snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com(Jason) said: >Newsgroups: alt.autos.honda >In article
>> I have a honda accord and sometimes when i start and drive, Heavy >>white smoke comes out of the car. It really bad and has an >>antifreeze scent to the smell. I just changed the alternater, >>because the battery was boiling. I got that fixed. It also has >>studdering during the manual shifts, then kicks in normal. >You may need to replace the head gasket. A damaged head gasket >allows water and oil to get combined. I once had a bad head gasket >and the first clue was the oil was black within two days of an oil >change. Water was making the oil have a black color. My eyes have seen that as a cream color.
Tom Willmon near Mountainair, (mid) New Mexico, USA
PIT BULLDOG FOR SALE: Eats anything. Loves children.
Net-Tamer V 1.12.0 - Registered
Oil is clear and fine. I could be crazy, but It's weird but this only happens after it rains. Could rainwater find its way into the exhaust? I just drove it today , works fine no smoke. Still has acceleration problems when shifting...it hesitates when manual shifting. Then kicks in.

I'm with Jason and also think it is the head gasket. Rain water doesn't smell like antifreeze. You could cap the exhaust off next time it rains, but I seriously doubt that it is rain water. Usually you'll notice the white smoke in the morning when the car has been sitting a while. It will often become/is hard to start.
Oil is clear and fine. I could be crazy, but It's weird but this only happens after it rains. Could rainwater find its way into the exhaust? I just drove it today , works fine no smoke. Still has acceleration problems when shifting...it hesitates when manual shifting. Then kicks in.
matpex wrote:

Check the trans. fluid level?
Virus Database (VPS): 0520-4, 05/20/2005
matpex wrote:

Cracked head or head gasket, or leaky intake-manifold gasket, most likely. Compression test should help determine which - low compression on one cylinder will indicate the head or head gasket.
Virus Database (VPS): 0520-4, 05/20/2005