91 Honda Civic in the book of common problems?

Hi Folks, My son has a 91 Honda Civic w 145000 Mi on it. Much has been done on it but I was wondering if the book of common problems has a list for
this car. Or is that book just for American cars. I don't have the book but mabey one of you have some info as to where I can find a list like that. He lives in Northern CA. I live in MN. It has had engine top end work done, cv joints, clutch, Water pump, Timing belt, Ect. Kind of wondering what ot expect next. I maintain my owen vechicles but he is not so inclined. Anyway any info would be appericated, Tom BTW that is a good car- thinking of one myself with the price of gas the way it is going.
www.tegger.com/hondafaq lists many problems common to 1990s Hondas, most certainly including the 1991 Civic.
I think the most notorious ones--unique to c. 1990 Honda autos and resulting in a no-start condition--are failures of the main relay, ignition switch, distributor's igniter, and ignition coil.
www.autozone.com has a free online manual for this Civic. Also, http://www.honda.co.uk/car/owner/workshop.html , has the factory service manuals for the Concerto and CRX, which are very similar to the Civic.

Thanks for the information, His Honda wouldn't start 2 days ago intill a friend of his had the same problem and removed the dist cap and dried it out. The same worked for his car too. Guess with the rain they had mabey a lot of ppl might have had that problem with older cars. Hope that is the end of it. The little rascals are rather expensive to get fixed there in San Francisco. Thanks again for the references, Tom
wrote

Hi Tom, one more tip for your reference: I am one frugal person, but I learned the hard way to make sure all distributor parts and ignition wires are only genuine Honda (also known as "OEM") or, for the spark plugs, only those the owner's manual recommends. Costs a little more sometimes but reliability and longevity are much better.
People here are very good with the common non-start problems. Maybe tell your son about this newsgroup.
I agree about the rain and older cars that haven't necessarily adhered to the maintenance schedule. I now have my 91 Civic on a five-year interval for replacing the distributor cap. I usually end up taking it off, cleaning it out, and inspecting it once every two years.