Accord taillights too bright

I just read a thread that mentioned turn signal colors and LEDs, and it reminded me about being behind a recent vintage Accord at a light a few days ago.
Those taillights are just too bright. I mean, it hurt my eyes to look through my front windshield. I can adjust stuff for bright lights behind, but there is nothing to do about lights in front.
Just thought that I'd mention it. We're going to need a law to limit the lumens or whatever LEDs put out. Maybe they can be extra bright while braking, but once stopped they have to dim a bit.

Wear sunglasses or stay off the roads after dark. {;^)

OTOH, I find them sort of dim and unattractive at their driving brightness level.
I don't recall finding them too bright to sit behind, at least no more than others, and just looking away a bit must have been enough or it would have registered more with me.
OTOH I was wondering if one could mix in a few red laser LEDs and *really* get someone's attention! Do some laser graphics and have it draw a flaming red dragon holding up a stop sign! Subtlety being all.
J.
dgk wrote:

Stock/OEM or kewl aftermarket?

I think they're the standard lights. When is very bright too bright?
I just ran into the same problem the other day sitting behind a newer Accord. Those individual rear lights are way too bright. Annoying, and in my opinion, UGLY.

Ah,yes,we always need more laws.

Are any of the LED CHMSLs you've seen "too bright"? They're probably the same type of LED.

After being rear-ended 3 times,IMO brake lights cannot be too bright.
What worries me more is the tiny brake lights on some autos. They can hardly be seen.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Laws have forced many good actions, such as seat belts. I think we may need to look at this. Billboards also. There is one where the Midtown Tunnel exits from Manhattan to Queens that is so bright that you can see it from miles away. It actually ruins the night view of Manhattan for many people. One billboard but others are coming along. Who would have thought we'd need a law to regulate the brightness of billboards? I think I'll mention it to my councilman. He hasn't passed a law in weeks.

I've never noticed a tail light that I thought was too bright until I saw this one. I wouldn't have mentioned it if it hadn't seemed over the edge.

Too many good jokes spring to mind. We'll start with Don't have your wife follow you in the other car. And let folks add on from there.

I can't believe the lights on the antique cars. They're so tiny and dim.
I don't know, I don't mind the taillights on the new Accord, I kind of like the LED look. I'd rather have them be too bright then too dim!