Turn Signal on Toyota: Cancels Too Easily

Twice this year alone, with 2 different cars, I have actually snapped off the turn signal level stalk off due to frustration where the signal cancels way too easily. Often, I signal, then get in the turn-lane with just the slightest twitch of the wheel, and wam--it cancels.

I absolutely CANNOT stand that!

Frankly, unless I do like 2 full rotations of the wheel or more, I don't want it cancelling! I want the freaking turn signal to STAY ON, period.

How does one do this? Also, how expensive is it to replace the turn-signal stalk on a 1984 Toyota Tercel stationwagon? And can an average person do it, or will it require hours of labor in the shop?

LRH

Reply to
Larry R Harrison Jr

Anger Management classes may be available in your area.

Regards, Al.

Reply to
Al Haunts

Okay fine, good enough. No problem admitting to that much (anger management classes being available).

But what about something to make it stop doing that in the first place--someway to be able to specify that I don't want it cancelling after

1/5000th of a turn of the wheel. It really is very annoying.
Reply to
Larry R Harrison Jr

"Larry R Harrison Jr" wrote

Reply to
MasterBlaster

Well, I suppose it wouldn't be too tough to take apart the switch assembly, locate the plastic bit that cancels the action & remove or grind it off.

You would then be left with 'manual' turn signals.

Then you may get the fun of dealing with the aftermath of signals left on inadvertently. Not a problem if you are on the ball I suppose, but use care if loaning the vehicle to the unsuspecting.

Regards, Al.

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 12:21:19 GMT, "MasterBlaster"

Reply to
Al Haunts