Anyone here have info for old (1980s) Hondas?

Hi folks,

I'm after ignition timing settings for a 1985 Honda ER1 engine (with CDI rather than breaker points).

I'm having trouble finding the info so would very much appreciate it.

(However I think that ultimately my problem could be due to the springs in the mechanical / centrifugal advance mechanism having lost some of their temper due to age and thermal cycling. I would appreciate knowing if anyone has had issues with old springs.)

TIA,

Reply to
~misfit~

if you clean up the crank pulley, you'll probably find some marks on there showing the set point.

re springs, they generally wear rather than lose temper. most can be adjusted by carefully bending one end of the fort to which they're attached. make sure there's still some slack in the stiffer of the two springs - the lighter one should be /just/ tight but no more.

Reply to
jim beam