Appearance package for Accord?

What is the Appearance package for 2005 Accord? Does it even "exist"? I almost finalized price with a Honda dealer and they mentioned this package for extra money at the last moment. The Edmunds list "No optional equipment is available from the manufacturer for this make, model and trim level."

So what is going on? Should I pay for the extra or....?

Thanks

Reply to
harry

Did you ask the dealer what the package included? Odds are that it is simply a small collection of dealership added accessories. Such as, floor mats, mudflaps, etc..

Brian

Reply to
Brian Smith

At the local Honda dealership in my town, they have some of the stuff they were talking about on display near the parts counter. You may want to revisit the store and see if they have such a display at your Honda dealership. Some examples include gold emblems to replace the silver emblems now on the back of your honda. They even have heavy plastic mud flaps that are screwed behind your back wheels. If they don't have a display, the parts manager could show you a catalog that has all of the expensive stuff such as gold exhaust pipe tips--they cost about $80.00 for one tip and $160.00 for two tips. I did not buy hardly any of the stuff since it's mainly for "looks".

Reply to
Jason

appearance package simply means additional dealer profit..

Reply to
halo2 guy

This is what he claims added.

"The Appearance Package includes Alloy Wheel Locks, Pinstripes, Front/Rear Mudguards, and Color Door Edge Guards.

The normal retail price of these accessories is $745. For you, this Appearance Package will be only $250"

Does it make sense to you?

Reply to
harry

-------------------------

Might just be OVERPRICED undercoating, OVERPRICED Scotchguard, OVERPRICED bug deflector, OVERPRICED paint sealant.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_ _

The dealershiop that I've been doing business with since 1979 gives you the wheel locks when you purchase a vehicle with anything other than steel wheels on it. The front mud flaps come with the car and they install the rear flaps, no charge. The pinstriping and the door edge guards are just fluff.

The cost of the items (as stated by the dealer) is far too expensive for what they are supplying. The amount of pinstriping that it would take to do the car (typically) would be one (small) roll, worth about $3.99 maybe. The wheel locks are less than forty dollars. The mudflaps (bought from the dealer) should cost you around $70.00 and maybe fifteeen minutes to install them yourself. The door edge guards are probably close to $10.00 and less time than it takes to get them out of their package to install them.

It does. It is a gouge by the dealership, in my opinion.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Smith

Reply to
Howard

Reply to
Howard

Maybe it is something that gives the appearance of being worth the price whether it is worth it or not. ;-)

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee