Header for 94 Civic 1.5L

is it worth replacing my old cast iron exhaust manifold (176k miles) when I do the head gasket with a header or will I introduce excess heat and noise?

Reply to
Rocky

Is your exhaust leaking at all or at the manifold?

Reply to
Shawn Taylor

I am replacing the head gasket this weekend and was concerned with 176,000 miles on the motor, that the cast iron exhaust manifold might crack - I had it happen on my 90 Jeep when the garage did a head gasket.

I was weighing the cost of just replacing the exhaust manifold instead of taking a chance it may crack and have to do double labor plus waiting for the replacement to be delivered.

Reply to
Rocky

honda rarely crack. i'd re-use the old one.

Reply to
jim beam