bogging out on highway and hills

My carbed, auto, 88 accord is starting fine but sticking at 2000 rpm until its warm, then it wants to stall out when in drive. Also when i am on the highway I must lightly feather the throttle otherwise it
surges and boggs and dies. This also occurs when going up hills in any gear. otherwise on the flat and under 3rd gear it rips around quite well. what is going on?
ihateicecream wrote:

Have you checked everything under the hood, especially the coolant reservoir? How long have you had it, what's the mileage?
'Curly'
On Wed, 04 Apr 2007 00:25:38 +0000, ihateicecream wrote:

Had a Toy truck doing this a few years ago and a 240SX. too.
When did you last replace the fuel filters? (Don't forget the one behind the tire!)

Carbs, y'know, not to mention distributors. I had the 87, it still had a distributor, didn't it? I forget. I dumped the 87 about eight years ago, it showed signs of everything going blooie, around 130k miles. I hope you keep this old one as a hobby.
J.