Cam belt

The previous owner of my 96 Civic had the car serviced end of 2003. One of the items in the new parts list was "cam belt". Is that another name
for the timing belt or is it separate? I need to be sure the timing belt has recently been changed - I understand the engine will be damaged if it breaks!

Yes, cam belt and timing belt are one and the same.

Although it isn't the usual term, the only belt on the cam is the timing belt.
Mike
Michael Pardee wrote:

Thanks guys.

"Cam belt" is chiefly a British term for what North Americans usually call a "timing belt".
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ