Cam belt

Anybody here who knows whether my -98 A6 Avant/Quattro 2.8 has a cam belt or chain driven cam shaft?

Reply to
Rune Skigelstrand

Rune Skigelstrand schrieb:

Might be wrong but I never heard about chain driven cams at Audi / VW

Reply to
Andreas Bockelmann

Cam belt

Reply to
Christopher Roberts

The 2.0 litre 16 valve engine in my 1994 Audi Coupe had one cam driven by a front belt and the other by a rear chain. The chain wore slack on those engines and idling they sounded like an old sewing machine.

Colin M

Colin M

"Rune Skigelstrand" wrote in news:7w0Ka.1943$ snipped-for-privacy@news2.e.nsc.no:

Timing belt. Should be replaced around 75K miles

Reply to
Massboykie