CR-V Towing

I am currently looking at several SUV for purchase. Two of the main ones are Hondas, the Pilot and the CR-V. I like the CR-V just fine and the price and gas mileage is much better than the Pilot but I'm not sure the CR-V will meet my needs for towing. My sons and I frequently take a light trailer and dirt bikes on medium trips as well as a few long trips. The trailer and the total load are under the Honda specifications but that does not mean it will tow the trailer well, especially in hilly areas. The trailer is an open trailer with a ramp and the total weight is about 1300 lbs.

I'm looking for CR-V owners that tow a similar load. How does the CR-V handle it?

Please no comment from non-CR-V owners, and yes I know the Pilot will do fine with it or my larger trailer but as much driving as I do I think the gas will break me.

Thank you.

Reply to
Rider24