SUV towing

Help please I don't have a clue and no owners manual.

I have a 4 cyl 2001 SUV.

Can I tow anything with this little baby?

If so what should I know?

I'm looking at this little trailer..

Length from hitch coupler to rear bumper: 15 ft Width: 78 inches Road Height: 52 inches Axle Weight: 900 lbs Hitch Weight: 95 lbs UVW(Unload Vehicle Weight): 998 lbs GVWR(Gross Vehicle Weight Rating): 2000 lbs NCC(Net Carrying Capacity): 1002 lbs

Thank you

Reply to
Lee

How to load the trailer properly and how to manoeuver it safely in both forward and reverse travel.

Reply to
Brian Smith

You will find a ton of material on trailer towing if you google it. Typically you should not tow anything more than 50% of the towing vehicle weight and keep speed below 55 MPH. A 4 cyl SUV probably weighs 2500 pounds or less, so the empty trailer is almost at the limits of what you should safely tow. A trip to your nearest U Haul outlet will get you a lot of information on towing weights, towing speeds and also if your vehicle is capable of towing what you want to tow.

A lot depends on the distance you plan to tow the load also.

Reply to
sapper

Thus spake Lee :

Do you have the manual? It's right in there. I also think you can look at the plate on the driver's door strike panel.

Reply to
Dillon Pyron

sapper wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@34g2000yqi.googlegroups .com:

Thank you for the tips.

Reply to
Lee

Dillon Pyron wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Above... no manual.

Though I have one as of today.

Thank you.

All is well now.

Reply to
Lee

Dillon Pyron wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

There is a copy of this thread somewhere else in this group. My reply is in that thread.

OP also multi-posted to rec.autos.makers.honda. I replied there, adding proper crossposting to this group. Unfortunately, that left the original thread somewhat of an orphan, even though the OP seems to be babysitting it anyway.

You see the problems multi-posting can cause?

Reply to
Tegger

Thus spake Tegger :

I'll respond to this in ramh. :-)