do you have to disable airbags

I was reading about replacing brake shoes on 1990 accord aand the first step it says to disable srs airbags before replacing or doing brake work ,I have not ever heard of this before
does anybody know if this is a must do item? and why

Let me check the Honda bible, Psalm 19-117. Answer... nope. Where'd you get the info?

I don't think 1990 Hondas had airbags. According to:
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleIdF009
they were added to the station wagon in 1991 and the sedan in 1992. Prior to that, Honda used a motorized seat belt system.
Elliot Richmond Itinerant astronomy teacher
Elliot Richmond wrote:

I know that Chilton books say to disable airbags for certain things even though some things typically do not require it. The Chilton book for a '90 Accord covers 1984-95, so the airbag instructions would apply to '92 and newer ('91 and newer for the wagon).
High Tech Misfit wrote:

typical nonsense.