dvd player in Odyssey 2005 doesn't play home made DVDs well

Most of the DVDs I burn do not play well in my Odyssey '05. The DVD usually hangs or stops playing. Sometimes it skips.
The player plays the commercial (silver) DVDs fine. Is the player too picky
about what type of DVDs is used?
I expect it's the quality of the blank DVD. Anyone has good luck with a certain brand or some burning process?
John Dalberg
John Dalberg wrote:

Hi, Try diffrent brand blank and/or try to burn th DVD at slower speed.
We have an older home DVD player which doesn't work very well with home burned DVD+R disks, but works fine with good quality (Made in Japan) DVD-R disks.
On May 27, 10:58 pm, snipped-for-privacy@nospam.sss (John Dalberg) wrote:

My home DVD player does that, home-made disks work on one but not on the other. I use Memorex DVD+RW and that worked for awhile but now those too are giving me problems. Do they work in other DVD players? It could be the program you are using or the speed I do 4X even though I could burn higher, better safe than sorry.
Try DVD-R at slower speed.