Heater valve

In an aug. 17 post, titled "Heater control problem" I described an issue that turned out to be more benign than I thought. The reason for the
suddenly freely turning temp. dial was that the knob no longer was gripping the control shaft. Replacing the knob solved the problem. It now moves the heater valve cable and with it the valve's arm.
One thing I noticed though that the arm's angle between the open and closed position is much less than 90 degrees, what I would expect. My estimate is that it's closer to 45 degrees. Is that normal? I can't find the specs for what that degree should be for my car. Could some of you with that vintage ('94-'97) Accord check that valve angle on your car and verify if what I have is normal or not? Thanks.