Help: Honda Civic Fuse problem

Hello,
I have a problem with my fuse. The fuse is for the alternator/VSS speed sensor. I changed the fuse (7.5 A) 3 times today, and it burned. As a
result, my speedometer does not work. Do you guys know how to fix this problem? My car is a 1996 Honda Civic LX 4 doors manual transmission. What's the consequences other than the speed sensor does not work with this fuse? Will my car can't charge the battery?
Thank you for the help.