Honda airbag problems

With all the recent news about possible malfunctioning of Honda airbags, I wonder how could one know how the airbags would behave in older Accords in case of accidents. Would they even deploy or if they did,
would they expell hard metallic shards as well? I don't know of any way to find this out without experiencing actual accidents.
On 2014-11-14 1:41 PM, cameo wrote:

> I wonder how could one know how the airbags would behave in older Accords > in case of accidents. Would they even deploy or if

Well getting a recall notice is one way. I just got one for my 12 1/2 year old Civic.
Other than that check your VIN at (assuming you are in the USA) http://owners.honda.com/service-maintenance/recalls
On 11/17/2014 9:11 AM, Alan Bowler wrote:

Thanks. I did look up by VIN and got back: There are no current safety recalls for this vehicle.
But iy also told me: To find out more Honda recall information, you may also contact your local Honda dealer.
I suppose my dealer would have notified me already if there was anything serious amiss.