Honda engines <3.2 litre are all inteference*designs

www.aa1car.com/library/2003/us70343.htm para 9 Toyota's newer engines are not * ( pistons cannot hit / break valves, if timing belts break ). In 10-05 my honda F20A's timing belt broke @ 79800 km ( owner's
manual says replace @100k km ), pistons then hit & broke valves. I had to buy & fit a used F20A. Worse still [i] honda's throttle angle sensor is overpriced ( >US$340 ), [ii] too many brackets are used to hold hoses & pipes, a steel pipe is used to pipe mere air from brake servo to create a vacuum, i.e. useless weight [iii] short, inefficient, heavy & cheap 4into1pipe cast iron exhaust manifold.for models <2.2 litre Looks like my next car will not be a honda.
timing belt change interval is 100000kms or 60 months. how old was your belt?
TE Chea wrote:

We will add these to TE Chea's list of Honda defects. Some quotes from previous postings:
"Small & built-in induction coil cannot produce enough high voltage @ >3000 rpm ( >100 sparks / second ) when output voltage of any coil is just 90% of output @ 1000 rpm, older & external ( bigger ) coils' output are more adequate. "
"I disable my 1990 accord's clock ; it drains battery, esp bad when engine is cranked : clock's LEDs reduce the amperes & voltage available to starter motor & spark plugs. This is 1 of this car's ignition system's 6 minor design flaws, I think. "
TE Chea claims that there should be a solar cell to run the clock.
"You explain why a Mercedes C200 has leather seats, but ( wisely ) no clock. Door bulbs should have photo-resistors to dim the bulbs during daylight, to prevent wastage /drainage of battery during daylight at least. C200 has this flaw too (proves I'm not a Mercedes salesman )."
How about this one:
"Remove door & boot bulbs, disconnect clock to maximise battery charge i.e. spark size, & so torque / mpg too. "

*Cheah* is defective. He's either lonely, stupid, or a troll.
I notice he's removed the "h" from his nym, too. Probably to escape killfiles.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ