replacement chip key for corolla 2005

i am looking for a new or in other words a second key for my toyota corolla

2005 which is computer chip key and went to locksmith they can not do it, any guidance within reasonable price/cost...will appreciate your responses... when i say second key, just means the one will start the car also, not only for the doors...
Reply to
gurus11

A Toyota dealer can help you, or get it off eBay and then get the Toyota dealer to cut it and 'enroll' it to your car.

I think the common thread is the _Toyota_ part.

This advice might be incorrect, so you should consult a _Toyota_ NewsGroup to confirm . .

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

i have contacted the dealer, they charge you like holly cow, very expensive, any other alternative????

Reply to
gurus11 via CarKB.com

Perhaps ask this question in a Toyota newsgroup. As a Honda owner, I could care less what that other company does or charge their customers. {;^)

Reply to
Brian Smith

Some locksmiths can make chipped car keys. Check the Yellow Pages.

Reply to
Jim Mowreader