honda financing / 06 civic le

Ok, I am thinking of getting rid of the 98 Isuzu Rodeo, and obtaining a Civic....
I plan on testing a new civic tomorrow, Ive done a little research and
checked out the inventory online... ( http://honda.appletreeautos.com/New-Inventory.aspx ) . Looking at the 2-door civic coupe....AT
What kind of financing rate should i be thinking about? My credit is about 700. Also, when do the 07 Civic's come out? Is the dealer trying to get rid of these, or not?
Pretty new to the new car buying, and not really sure if I'm going to do it, so any pointers, tips, etc.... I thought about used Civic's, but the new body style for the Civic is rather impressive to me, and a new car, just sounds nice
TIA
Not sure what hondas current deals are, but with a score of 700 (which is slightly better than average) you should do ok for interest rate, might not qualify for the best rate though. personally, I'd say to test out an accord while your there. with the way civics have been going, you may be able to get into an accord 2 door coupe (AT) for not too much more, and with teh 4 cyl. you won't take much of a hit on gas mileage.

Unless there are any deals from Honda like a 2.9% financing that sometimes are offered, you will always be better off going with a credit Union. As an example, my credit union's current rate for up to 60 months is 5.65% while Capital One is offering a 6.35% as their best rate. Good luck on your quest!
Regards. Rocky Dada

You can also negotiate the finance rate. Credit union had 4.99% and dlrshp was definately higher. Had the pre-approved loan certificate from the CU and walked into the finance office. Lowered it to .25% lower than the CU to get the business.
Here's a good site on financing. Check under "Auto Calculators". http://www.bankrate.com/brm/rate/calc_home.asp
Here's one for the payment calculator: http://www.bankrate.com/brm/auto-loan-calculator.asp
*Hint* Find out the loan terms in advance such as the interest rate, loan amount and the loan term in months. Calculate it on the website so when you see the finance guy to draw up the papers you'll know what to expect. Reason - I did this and when he calculated the monthly payments it was hight. Tried to sneak in the extended warranty without asking me if I wanted it!
Remember, you have the power to walk away. They don't want you to leave without buying. Good luck and make it enjoyable - HAVE FUN! -Dave

Had a Blast!!! Well it looks as if I was about $1000 negative equity on my trade in according to kbb. Owed 2400 it was worth about 1,500......So I bought a 4-door sedan, ex Civic, with Navi...basically everything except XM. Payed 21,700 out the door. Sticker was 21,9 or something. I figured with my negative equity, I paid 20,700 out the door....so about 2,000 off the sticker, or something like that, then add taxes, etc....
Financing wasn't great. Got a quote of 8.7 from capital one, dealership was 8.99 (through bb&t)...turns out owning a rental, and home equity lines are killing my score....about a 686.....
I'm overall happy......you only live once right?

with a 686 score, it's not too bad, civic EX with NAvi? and no XM? I dind't think it was even possible 9thought XM came with NAVI?)

Ya, i know.....kept trying to get the salesman to throw it in...suggested it about 20 times.....I love the mp3's though, and maybe ill get an aftermarket xm to hook into the aux jack.....

New Civic EX - sweet car! It's hard to negotiate with a hot car like the Civic. Not as much leverage since they know a bunch of people also want that car. Miles of happy motoring and less stops to the gas station ;-)
On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 21:36:30 -0400, Dave L wrote:

My local lots won't negotiate at all. They can't keep them on the lot. If you start asking for lower prices, the salesman walks. Someone else will buy it later in the week... ;-)
--
Joseph M. LaVigne
snipped-for-privacy@hits-buffalo.com