Getting Rid of Smell

I have '65 that sat outside for over 10yrs. Infested w/ rats, rat shit, papers. . . MAN does it reek. I've got all the inside gutted, put baking soda on the floor for a few days to absorb the smell, let it air out but it still is really awful. Any suggestions on getting the smell out? Thanks.

Reply to
4Faulkners

There was that mythbusters episode... but I think the smell won.

Reply to
Brent P

One way I know. Put a big fan in one window and push a lot of air through it. In time it will go away. Did you clean everything you could?

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Bleach.

Reply to
goodnigh

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1175830152.532384.133120 @e65g2000hsc.googlegroups.com:

Febreze

Reply to
Joe

If you plan on restoring it, take it to get media blasted..

Reply to
Tony

Reply to
Les Benn

Go to a carpet cleaner and get some of the product they use for ridding carpets of pet odors... it's an enzime solution which essentially eats the stuff up.

You say you stripped the interior. Does that include the heater and vents/vent hoses? Quite often that is where the buggers build their nests.

Reply to
Spike

Thanks. I am stripping it. So far all the carpet/flooring/seats/ trunk/glove box. I had not made it yet to to heater/hoses or AC bolt on yet. It is in the plan but I'm just starting out and figured I look for answers. I'll do that and probably all the other things posted.

Reply to
4Faulkners

That is in the plan...down the road.

Reply to
4Faulkners

You are the 2nd person to suggest that. Will give it a try. Thanks

Reply to
4Faulkners

You did understand that I pointed out the heater box and vents because there are quite possibly nests inside. Cowl can be another place. Any place a mouse can get it's skull through, it can get the rest of it's body through, and they'll nest in the safest places they can get to...

We never figured out when or how it got in the vehicle, but, in Portugal, a hedgehog had crawled back inside the frame rail of a pickup truck (6 pak) and died. The truck sat for a long time.

Reply to
Spike