Honda Odyssey "choke" problem

Hi, thanks for any help in advance... I have a 1999 Honda Odyssey. I have never had any trouble with it until it recently. This is only happening when I start driving the car for the first time everyday. After I pull the car into the street from the parking lot, the car is "choked" for a second when I press on the gas pedal; the car will not go forward but will stop instead, and then will push forward rapidly. This last for only a second and will go away after a couple of times. If I try to warm up the car for about 10 minutes before I drive the car, the "choke" will feel much lighter. All the spark plug wires seem to be hidden, and I don't smell any fuel from the exhaust. The oil change is done regularly. Any ideas what is wrong? Chicagoan @ SF

Reply to
gbn1854

Your owner's manual says that you're not supposed to 'warm up the car'. Run a can if injector cleaner through the gas or at least a couple tanks of Gasohol (read your manual if you don't understand Gasohol). Your injectors may just be grungy, or you might need a tune-up. Once you've got the injector cleaner in it, try hitting redline on the tach once in a while to help flush things through. Don't do it in playground zones. :-)

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

Reply to