How to test MAP Sensor on 1997 Honda Civic LX

I've Honda Civic LX 1997, 120,000 Mi. My CEL came on right before I need to do a smog check. The error code is 5, MAP Sensor (Manifold Absolute Pressure) mechanical problem. How do I test the sensor (or any
web-link)? I want to make sure it is the problem on the MAP sensor before I replace it with a new one.
There is 3 wires go into the sensor Yellow, Green, and Red. Look like the the Red and Green come from the sensor below the air filter. Can I check the voltage on the Yellow and see if it vary when I rev the engine? What would be the voltage range and where do I put the voltage ground? Also any link to sensor specification would really be appriciated.
Is it possible that the problem is not on the MAP Sensor? If so what can cause the error code 5?
Thanks in Advance Don
Add pictures here
âś–

First of all, don't rely on the MIL-flash for your code. It will show Code 5 for FIVE different OBD-II errors: P0106 - MAP Sensor range/performance problem P0107 - MAP Sensor low-voltage (high vacuum) problem P0108 - MAP Sensor high-voltage (low vacuum) problem P1128 - MAP lower than expected P1129 - MAP higher than expected
You need to have the code read properly using an OBD-II tester. Testing of this component is beyond the average home mechanic, besides replacment of the vacuum hose.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–
Honda H Emblem Badge Shop and Store Civic Accord Integra Acura Jazz Type-R S2000
Where can I buy Honda H Emblem Badge Red, Blue, Black, White, Yellow ?
Who buy these badge in www.autoxpat.com ?
http://www.autoxpat.com/shop /
Please comment and address about this shop of price and services ..
Regards,
RC Man
TeGGeR® wrote:

Add pictures here