1995 Civic LX interference engine?

Hello, I am new to the forum. Can anyone tell me if my engine is an interference engine or not? I believe it is, but wanted to verify.

It is a

1995 Civic LX 1.5L non-VTEK. Thanks.
Reply to
gallawl

Yes, the 1995 Civic has an interference engine.

In support of this, see the pdf file "Timing Belt Replacement Guide" at

. Scroll down to the 1995 Honda Civic. Note the asterisk next to itsname. At the bottom of the page, the site indicates that an asterisk meansit's an interference engine. "gallawl" wrote

interference engine or not? I believe it is, but wanted to verify.

Reply to
Elle

gallawl wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@no-mx.carstalk.net:

Yes, interference. As are most Honda engines.

And it's "VTEC", not "VTEK".

Reply to
TeGGeR®