Is there a difference between the Pilot and CRV for 4WD?

Hello everyone,
I have a Honda CRV with 4WD. I just bought it a month ago, and I really love it a lot. I have a neighbor on my street who has a Pilot
with 4WD and I was just wondering how that compares to the CRV 4WD snow wise? Lets say that CRV tires vs Pilot tires aren't part of the equation. How close or different are the 4WD systems? I know that the pilot 4WD system is not selectable like the Jeep has, but I didn't know if anything else was any different.
Thanks so much,
Jill :)
In article

It's way better. You're screwed.

Okay but how is it better? Its an automatic system just like in the CRV I was just reading. The only thing I read which is different is that the pilot has 250 HP instead of 180 like my CRV has. I was looking at my state DMV registration and I found out my CRV weighs 4600 lbs which is the same as the pilot, so that should help I would think. Thats a lot for a little SUV!
On 09/03/2010 04:54 PM, Jill wrote:

is there an answer that will satisfy your attention-whoring so you don't do it any more?
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

Hey, save that talk for the locker room! I don't deserve these kind of comments.
On 09/03/2010 07:23 PM, Jill wrote:

you do when you keep asking the same "questions" again and again. this is the 7th thread you've tried to start in the last two months, all on the same kind of dumb-ass topic.
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

On 9/3/2010 7:54 PM, Jill wrote:

    Good lord, she's back!
    How old are you, that you don't seem to have a clue about the simplest concepts of life?

The differences between the mechanics are much less than the differences in how those mechanics will be used by their drivers. Skill is much more important than machinery.
In a nutshell, both the CR-V's and the Pilot's 4WD function the same way, except that the Pilot allows you to manually lock the rear differential.
Manual locking overrides the diff's normal ability to turn the rear wheels at different speeds, and allows a bit more traction in extremely poor conditions. It should NEVER be used on surfaces where traction is good, and it turns itself off at 18+ mph.
Both the CR-V and the Pilot are within 99% of each other as far as snow performance goes. Most of their advantage lies in their tires, and in their high road-clearances, rather than the 4WD or manual-locking.
--
Tegger

Thanks Tegger. An intelligent answer! I'm 28, but I really don't know anything about car mechanics. I just buy them and drive them, but I want them to be reliable and safe. I work in the medical field and don't have any training in cars and when I'm not working I take care of my children.
Thanks so much,
Jill

She needs to learn the lesson that "she's bought something, don't look back--look forward and move on".
But she's looking back and re-thinking every decision she's made. What's she going to do with the knowledge of some product that's different from hers--trade her brand-new car in on something new?
Based on things she reads in a newsgroup?