ls/vtec in 87 civic

i wanted to do a ls/vtec swap in my 87 civic, the only problem i have is that the mount kits and information i find is for 88 and up civic hatchbacks. it sounds like a stupid question but are these mounts gonna
work in my engine bay like 88+ civic's? also if these do work will everything that goes with swap work as well such as axles, hubs, ecu, and wiring harness. my car is pretty old, so i also need to know what obd i need to go with?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

don't waste ANY time even thinking about it. the 87 suspension is lousy compared to the 88 through 2000 civics - it's just not worth putting a good motor into a poor body.