New Honda steering problems/recall?

Wassup with that, it may include my 2013 Accord?
Doesn't sound horrible, power steering goes out at speed but apparently you can still steer with heavy effort, it's not
steering-by-wire?
Thanks,
J.
"JRStern" wrote

Where are you seeing this?

http://www.autonews.com/article/20141108/OEM11/311089993/honda-accord-investigated-by-nhtsa-for-power-steering-failures
Excerpt: "WASHINGTON (Bloomberg) -- Honda Motor Co.'s Accord, the best- selling car to U.S. individual buyers in the first half of this year, is being investigated by the U.S. after regulators received 24 complaints about power-steering failure in 2013 models."
Yadda yadda yadda.
Twenty-four "complaints". Out of 360,089 cars sold.
Until VERY recently, NHTSA didn't bother to look into ANYTHING until they had received at least a THOUSAND complaints.
Why? Because on investigation it always turned out universally that 999 to 1000 of those thousand complaints were groundless.
But, what with the very recent mindless panics and media/labor-union anti-Toyota politicization, NHTSA has been badgered into responding to the most trivial and baseless non-events.

You surely simply have electric boost instead of hydraulic boost. The steering itself is still a solid mechanical hookup from steering wheel to road wheel..
You want "fly by wire"? Buy a Boeing.
--
Tegger

Isn't the gas pedal by-wire? Tran shit?
I guess not the brakes??
In 2024 it'll all be by wire with Asimo driving.
J.

Yes, just like a Boeing.
Computer control of the throttle is necessary for VSA regulations and the latest emissions regulations.

Thankfully, NO. At least not completely. Yet. But ABS and VSA are taking us close to that.

By 2024 we will be living the life of 6079 Smith W. We're most of the way there now.
--
Tegger

On 11/13/14, 9:16 PM, Tegger wrote:

Ve are vatching you, Tegger...and haff put eine tracking transponder en chor Honda...
--
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to
visit violence on those who would do us harm.

Ahem. Make that "shift".
I really like the BMW "manual" shifter that clicks like a high-end game controller, I think it's absurd that the Honda automatic shifter still clunks and pretends to be a mechanical linkage. Shit, Chrysler had push-buttons in the 1960s. And I still want paddle-shifters to help my CVT to respond better. I see Honda finally expanded the paint colors available on the sport model, but it lacks a sunroof ... have they made paddle shifters an available option yet on the non-sport?
J.

BUGGERS! The EXL now comes with paddle shifters standard!
Well, it's a good decision. Wish I had them.
Any chance the dealer can install them for me now?
J.